The Introduction of Goalkeepers course appropriately trains teachers and coaches on how to introduce goalkeepers into the game.
The course aims to support the delivery of goalkeeping coaching at a basic level and explain how to enable all young players to try out basic goalkeeping skills, how to give goalkeepers some basic coaching points, and then how to integrate goalkeepers into other activities.
The course outline is as follows:
- Introduction to goalkeeping/role of resource and cards
- How to put the goalkeeping equipment on and key safety points
- Key coaching points - the ready position, kicking, and hand saves
- Example of an introduction to goalkeeping session being delivered
- How to include Goalkeepers in existing challenges
The course is available as either a practical course delivered by an England Hockey tutor, or online. If you are interested in organising a practical In2Hockey training course at your school or club please email email@example.com to express your interest and we will get in touch with you with further information.
The online course is supported by videos and templates and can be completed at your own pace to fit in with your own schedule and commitments. The core In2Hockey online course is FREE and available through the In2Hockey Membership Area.