England Hockey has a Club School Link (CSL) programme as part of a wider Club-Community Link programme.
The CSL programme focuses around ClubsFirst (Clubmark) Accredited Clubs, as these Clubs are committed to the development of a safe, effective and child friendly environment and are committed to helping to attract and retain more young people in the sport.
Criteria are included within the ClubsFirst accreditation process to encourage clubs to build up stronger relationships with schools in their area, with the aim of providing a steady supply of junior members into the club. A relationship with a local hockey club can also bring many benefits to schools, including:
- Increased opportunities for pupils
- Raise the schools profile in the community
- Opportunities to share facilities and equipment
- Extended CPD opportunities for teachers
- Access to coaches who can work with teachers to deliver hockey activity in school
- Access to coaches who could help to deliver out of school hours activity
- Increased awareness of exit routes for players, coaches, officials and volunteers
To assist with the development of an effective link England Hockey provides each club involved, and the local schools that they identify to work with, with a support package to help generate or further develop the delivery of appropriate hockey activity within the school and club setting.
To find out about hockey clubs in your area please see the Hockey Nation website www.hockeynation.info
The Junior Coordinator at a club is usually the main contact regarding club school links, and your local EH Relationship Manager may also be able to help.